Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just another Tuesday evening...

Hello All!!! I know, I know. It's been awhile, right?? Well, I don't have a TON of extra time to blog lately.... BUT I do want to share one of the MANY new projects I have been working on!!

The other day on a treasure hunt, I came across this beauty at Goodwill:


Now, it's not the fantabulous gold mirror in the front (that project is coming soon)... but it's the painting hiding behind the mirror that I didn't think was important enough to get a superb photo of. It's got this, um, shall we say - interesting painting in it of a couple on the beach, and they're shirtless... Not sure what made someone think of painting it... Anyway - I was all set to paint over the painting with some chalkboard paint fabulousness, (The Hubster couldn't understand why, since somebody took so much time to paint it... To which I explained to him that it was at Goodwill for crying out loud!)

Instead... I took apart the frame, ripped out the sexy painting, got out the 'ol can of primer, and got to spraying!! Once I started, my spray can was on its last leg and the paint was sputtering out all over the place - barely covering Mr. Gold frame... BUT - this made my project ALL the better!! Once the paint dried, I searched the garage for a single piece of sandpaper (which the Hubster usually has lying all over the place), and Vintage-a-fied Mr. Gold-no-more frame. Now, he was turning into a beauty!! 

This is about the point where I should've started taking pictures, but I just got SO into my project that I forgot to take a SINGLE picture until the end. 

Next, I took the sexy-ish painting board, and covered it with some quilt batting I had laying around. Then I added some spare fabric and got out my Fabri-Tac glue, and handy-dandy utility stapler (which I LOVE!) This is about the point where I should've taken another picture. Imagine picture here: 

Next, came the ribbon. Of course, with my indecisive thinker brain, I took longer to decide which ribbon to use than the whole project ;-) I stretched it across the board and secured with fabric glue and my trusty stapler. Then I covered the back with another piece of fabric so that it didn't look so yucky.

OK... This was the HARD part. Normally, I would've thought far enough ahead to realize that the board was going to be thicker, and may not fit into Mr. Gold-no-more frame after... Well, I guess this wasn't a normal evening! I tried SO hard to get that stinkin' board back into Mr. Gold-no-more frame without using unnecessary force, but he was being difficult. I had to get out the HAMMER (and a few other tools). You can use your imagination from there :-) 

This is about the point (now that Mr. Fabulous frame is finished), that I realized I should be taking pictures... So I did!! BUT... After the first so-so picture, my schnazzy camera's battery died. Oh well!! Here's the ONE picture I got: 

Trust me. This picture doesn't do it justice! It's fabulous :-) This is a new Bow-Board to display all the fabulous bows I will be selling at a Craft Fair coming up!! AND of course, the bow-board will be for sale (probably... maybe I want to keep it??)

-Lindsay

www.facebook.com/lipglossandlittleladies

No comments:

Post a Comment