Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What Was I Thinking???

So... for my first real post - I'm going to show you what I've been doing today... Why the title, you ask? Well, I'm kicking myself in the head (not really - my foot won't reach that far) for procrastinating on starting our business federal taxes until April... When we have to pay, it seemed logical in my head to wait until the last minute because I didn't want to do it. Well, now I'm paying for it!!

This is what my living room looks like right now...





Seems like a lot, right??? Well, that wasn't the end of it... 



My "darling" husband couldn't be prouder that this is how he stores his receipts... 


Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most organized person in the world... But really??? I guess I should be happy that he at least saved them, right? Every year that I do the taxes at the last minute, I tell myself, "Next year I'm going to do them in January and be more organized." Mmm Hmm... Keep telling yourself that, right??? With three kids and balancing Ministry and running the Business and keeping up our home - I seriously doubt that next year will be any different... I think I seem to work better under pressure and at the last minute anyway... right?

The first year we started our business, we had a "professional" do our taxes... $850.00 and three weeks later, they were done without even giving us all the deductions that I had researched... Hmmm... Since then, I've insisted on doing them myself instead of paying someone to do what I can do for free :-) BUT - It took a lot of patience and trial by error to be able to do them properly (If I do, lol)... I have a serious phobia of being audited so I keep everything!

Well, I won't attach any other pictures of what the rest of the house looks like right now... Wouldn't want you to think that we were animals :-) 

-Lindsay



2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I do NOT envy you. However, give yourself a bit of a break - you DID have a baby in December! I guess all that's left to say is...good luck!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I am making some progress today... Instead of shuffling through the receipts - I'm just going through my bank statements to itemize my expenses... much easier!! If you need tax help - I got the skills yo! lol
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete